Here's what happened March 20, 2005:
- We journeyed with Jesus through the last week of his life, placing ourselves in the story. Through Scripture readings, meditations and song, we experienced the joy and sorrow of Holy Week.
- We waved palm branches and sang praises as we felt him close enough to reach out and touch.
- We sat around the table with him and shared the bread and the cup.
- We abandoned him in the garden, and then sang "Kyrie" - Lord, have mercy on me.
- We denied him as he was being crucified. Watching the Stations of the Cross on the screen, we remembered his sacrifice.
- We read the Luke 23:35-46 account of Jesus being crucified (mp3).
- We heard Fusion 112 sing the classic hymn, "O Sacred Head, Now Wounded" (mp3).
- We had our own time of silent prayer to talk about how close we felt to Jesus.
- During Act(s) II, we read through all four Gospel accounts of the Palm Sunday story, noticing the different details that each author brought out.