Pastor Laura Guy
December 24, 2011
Here's an instant replay of what happened in worship:
- We saw a birth announcement that Pastor Laura and her husband Clif sent out when their son Rob was born. New parents want to share the good news of a new baby in the family.
- When Mary and Joseph had Jesus, they were probably too tired to send out birth announcements. But the third parent involved in this special birth - God - did send out birth announcements. The first was to the Magi, the scholars and scientists who studied the night sky. God used the celestial bodies to tell them that a very special baby had been born. We read their story in Matt. 2. When they got the birth announcement, they went to see the baby and worship him.
- But God also sent a birth announcement to the shepherds living out in the fields. They heard the angels proclaim that a Savior had been born. The shepherds also went to see the baby and worship him. We read their story in Luke 2.
- God sent two kinds of birth announcements to reach all kinds of people. He wants us to know that He had come to be with us. We have received the birth announcement, too. Will we go to see the baby and worship him?
- We prayed for help to listen and look for the Good News of Christmas.
- We celebrated communion at the table of love.